The Modern Institute was founded in Glasgow in 1997. The gallery works with 45 internationally established and emerging artists including Martin Boyce, Jim Lambie, Richard Wright, Anne Collier, Cathy Wilkes, Simon Starling, Urs Fischer, Luke Fowler and Nicolas Party.
Working on both public and private shows with the artists worldwide, The Modern Institute hosts a yearly programme across its two spaces in Glasgow, as well as participating in major art fairs. The gallery regularly curates projects internationally and annually publishes artist books and monographs.
We have undertaken careful planning and put in place new protocols to make our site safer and to protect visitors and staff. In the interest of public safety we have taken the following measures to mitigate the risks of the spread of covid-19.
- Provided hand sanitiser stations at site entrances.
- Limited capacity to ensure that social distancing can be practiced at all times.
- Introduced new protocols for staff and provided guidance and training to them for safer working practice.
- Clean all touch points around the space regularly throughout the day.
- Ensure social distancing can be practiced.
- Ensure that staff follow safe practices.
- Continually monitor government guidance and regularly review and revise our protocols as necessary.
- Keep visitor details for three weeks then destroy if no outbreak is reported.
- That you wear a mask for the duration of your visit.
- That you fill out our visitor information form on arrival.
- That you use the hand sanitiser upon arrival and before departure.
- That you do not interact with or touch any of the artworks on site.
- That you are considerate to others and practice social distancing.
- That you listen to staff and respect any requests they may make.
- That you do not use the toilets as they are for staff use only.
Visitor numbers will be limited to 8. If capacity is reached you will be asked to either queue outside of the gallery or come back at a different time.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Subscribe to our Mailing List
14—20 Osborne Street
Saturday, 12 noon—5pm
3 Aird’s Lane
Saturday, 12 noon—5pm
For general enquiries, please email us.